The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is kicking off its 32nd annual Greek Economic Summit on Monday. The summit will take place from December 6-8 in Athens, Greece. This year’s events will be a synthesis of in-person and virtual participation due to the pandemic.
The Summit is co-organized with the Athens Stock Exchange, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the Atlantic Council.
The 2021 Summit is organized under the title “Redefining Growth for an Inclusive and Sustainable Future,” and will engage with a number of key issues faced by the world’s economies.
The Summit will deeply consider the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global society while looking towards forms of recovery as nations around the world strive towards stability.
To register for the Summit please follow the link here
The Greek Economic Summit is at the vanguard of politics and economics
The GES has been on the vanguard of conversations about politics and economics since its inception three decades ago. The Summit joins together important government officials, executives, policymakers, academics, and media figures in order to foster a hybrid discussion that takes into account all aspects of contemporary obstacles.
The Summit will pay specific attention to the increase of public debt and inflation after the pandemic, forms of building sustainable green systems and transition to zero-emissions, as well as Greece’s recovery and resilience plan.
“This year’s Summit takes place at a critical juncture for Greece, as it seeks to foster a strong recovery and build a solid foundation for the future,” said Nikolaos Bakatselos, President of the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
“After more than a decade of economic hardship, Greece’s new economic and recovery plan presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the country to create sustainable growth and transition into a prime business and investment destination.
Keynote speakers will also include:
- Margaritis Schinas, Vice President, European Commission
- Don Graves, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Commerce
- Andrea Poggi, Deloitte North & South Europe Innovation Leader; Deloitte Central Mediterranean and Italy Clients & Industries Leader
- Sir Christopher Pissarides, Regius Professor of Economics, London School of Economics; Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences, 2010
- Bill Morneau, former Minister of Finance, Canada
- – Adonis Georgiadis, Minister, Ministry of Development and Investments, Greece Ε
- Endy D. Zemenides, Executive Director, Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC)
- Mike Manatos, President, Manatos & Manatos
- Guntram Wolff, Director, Bruegel, Belgium
- Bruno Lété, Senior Fellow, Security and Defense, The German Marshall Fund of the U.S., Belgium
- Damir Marusic, Senior Fellow, Europe Center, Atlantic Council, U.S.
- Jordan Levin, CEO, OpenBet
- Alexis Tsipras, Opposition Leader and President, Syriza
- Dr. Jens Burchardt, Global Expert, Partner and Associate Director, Climate Impact, BCG; Co-founder, Center for Climate and Sustainability
- Chryssos Kavounides, Managing Director and Partner, BCG & Head, BCG Athens Office
- Eleni Vrettou, Chief Corporate & Investment Banking, Piraeus Bank
- Dimitris Koutsopoulos, CEO, Deloitte Greece
- Teresa Farmaki, Managing Partner & Founder, Astarte Capital Partners
- Geoffrey Pyatt, U.S. Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic
- Marjorie Chorlins, Senior Vice President, European Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Maja Piscevic, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Europe Center, Atlantic Council, U.S.
- Frances G. Burwell, Distinguished Fellow, Atlantic Council
- Agostino Santoni, Vice President, Cisco South Europe
- Simon Connell, Global Head of Sustainability Strategy, Standard Chartered Bank
- Amine Benayad, Managing Director & Partner, BCG, France
- Vassilis Kikilias, Minister, Ministry of Tourism, Greece
- Dimitris Manikis, President, Europe/Middle East/Eurasia/Africa (EMEA), Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Andreas Scriven, Hospitality & Leisure Lead Partner, Deloitte UK & NS Europe
- Michael Cheng, Dean, Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Florida International University
- Vassilis Iliopoulos, Vice President and General Manager, The Walt Disney Company Greece & Israel
- Julie Meyer, Chairman & CEO, VIVA Investment Partners (VIP)
- Yossi Arouch, BCG Partner, expert in transformation for Retail sector
- KyRic Tucker, Interim Site Lead, Global Business Services, Pfizer (Thessaloniki)
- Nico Gariboldi, Site Lead, Center for Digital Innovation, Pfizer Thessaloniki
- Svetoslav Danchev, Head of Microeconomics Analysis and Policy Department, Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (ΙΟΒΕ)
- Nikos Papathanassis, Alternate Minister of Development & Investments, Greece
- Emmanuelle Maire, Head of Unit, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Olivier Jan, Partner, Deloitte Central Europe Sustainability Leader, France
- Michael L. Parson, Governor of Missouri
- Benjamin Haddad, Director, Europe Center, Atlantic Council
- Amb. Richard Morningstar, Founding Chairman, Global Energy Center, Atlantic Council